- Veterinary Health certificate on all breeding alpacas. If pregnant they will have been scanned positive by ultrasound
- Handover report with up to date worming and vaccination regime
- Pregnant females ultrasound pregnancy scanned and live 48 hour cria guarantee
- BAS registered and microchipped
- Continued after sales support with advice and training
- We adhere to and follow the British Alpaca Society Code of Conduct
Bio-security at Popham
We take bio-security very seriously on the farm, which is operated according to a health plan drawn up with our vet who specialises in alpacas. It covers not only nutrition, parasitic control and vaccination regimes, but also bio security against infectious diseases such as TB, BVD, Johnes Disease, etc. Since 2010 all of our boundaries are buried badger proofed fencing with electric and we monitor for breaches with motion cameras. All matings with outside animals are done under strict bio-security procedures and away from our alpaca paddocks. We test any new animals we buy into our herd for TB and BVD before they come onto the farm and they then go through a strict quarantine process. We have undertaken health testing (including skin tests and Enferplex blood tests for TB) on animals we have sold before and are happy to do so.
In July 2016 our entire herd was tested for bovine tb using the skin test and the enferplex blood test. We are pleased to say all were clear.
This has been repeated in June 2017 and again all clear.
We welcome buyers from the EU and offer free pre export testing and documentation.